Friday, November 4

Yay For Pumpkin Season

So we did our yearly trip to Johnson's Giant Pumpkin patch for the 2nd time. Such a great ancient tradition for us. I invited everyone I know in Saginaw to come so that we could share the fun. Mmmm if you haven't had apple cider donuts on a cool crisp day than you haven't lived. Of course this wasn't a cool crisp day. This was our indian summer day that we all got sunburned on.




         

 
We also got to see the launching of pumpkins with the trebuchet. I know that everyone is wondering where I learned that word. And no nobody had to tell me that this launching machine was called that. Everytime I say trebuchet I remind myself that I'm a bit of a fantasy geek. But seriously this macine is awesome it launches a pumpkin which hits the ground so hard that its shrapnel looks like it would hurt. We saw it at least 3 times that day. (We kept coming back to watch with our friends cause they kept showing up.)

 I particularly enjoy the wood carvings that a man does with his chain saw. Such a random skill. I wonder if its on his resume?




 I ♥ the Mystery Machine. Maybe someday I'll have one of my own!



 This year the walk through the christmas tree bird walk was free so we got to see some cool birds. The duck in a wig cracked me up. My mind keeps getting fried trying to sort out all the dumb movie quotes that would make fun of this. All I can say is I keep coming back to the phrase pig in a wig which doesn't fit at all but still funny! See if you can come to something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment