Monday, March 7

Quilting Away

So I decided to take a quilting class this spring cause I really want to quilt and if I don't take the class I'll just make up how to do it and it won't be so great as it could be. For anyone that's seen me in a classroom setting they know that I'm not the most teachable person. I like knowing how to do something and if I don't some times I get stuck on my pride and pretend like I do know everything. I guess I haven't kicked all my teenage habits yet, but I'm working through it. Anyway I'm really excited to quilt cause I got the cutest fabric (See picture) and its gonna brighten up the house so much plus I'll have something awesome to do again. The quilt shop I'm taking the class at is owned by a couple of members and they are so nice. It makes me want a quilt shop of my own, but then I don't know how to quilt yet so one step at a time. 
Also I'm looking forward to Pi day which is next monday, but we get to celebrate on friday. It's gonna be awesome. All I need to do now is go find some amazing prizes to give the best pie makers. Then on sunday I'm gonna be so lonely cause Steve goes to Chicago for 2 weeks. So not looking forward to that. 

I really need to get a job thats year round so I'm not so bored and crazy when Steve has to keep traveling. I've been thinking about going back to school. So crazy considering how awful of a student I am, but if I get myself to keep a schedule maybe I can do it this time. I was thinking about trying the radiology technician program, but there's a few things that complicate that, 1. I have no idea where I'll be next year 2. It means taking out more loans 3. Studying is not fun and I've vowed to cut everything not fun out of my life. But I would need to do some prerequisites before I could get into the program anyway so it might be good to start school next fall and get that part out of the way. 


Anyway this was a little rambly but I'm trying harder to not go so long between blogs so who knows it could get much worse, but at least I'm entertained. Anyway in 3 weeks when I finish the quilt I'll show the finished project unless I hopelessly mess it up which is quite likely seeing as just cutting out blocks was quite a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Volunteering is a great way to fill time that and taking classes through your local community center, at least until you are established somewhere. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilting! Can't wait to see the finished product! When you said you were taking a class I had a flashback and you put my thoughts into words perfectly. Good luck. Classes are easier without crazy roommate and crazy boy distractions, right?!

    ReplyDelete