Friday, February 6

Food, food, food

Hooray for life. We ordered a barrel of food from Florida and its here! We now have american food. I still have to make bread if we want sandwiches and I still make tortillas cause they really are better homemade and fresh. I love food. I have snacks and pasta and fruit and veggies I love love love food!

This is our barrel. It weighed 150 lb.s and Steve and our Taxi driver Theo hauled up our 4 floors and I'm pretty impressed they made it all the way up. I got to spend 30 min crawling in and out of this barrel to get everything out. The power went out and it was sooo hot but it was still very gratifying to have food :)

So in order to store all our new food I had to put canned food in 2 of our 3 drawers. I also am now stacking boxes of food on the fridge and using the barrel as a shelf for food. Have to be organized but It's so great that I don't mind at all.

It was quite the day today because not only did I get a barrel of food but I also bought a case of yummy chicken. I love having food that will last a while. I don't have to buy food all the time now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a different way to do things! I bet you have to have meals planned really well. I remember you were always a great cook! Remember when I copied a bunch of your recipes? The oreo cookie one is our favorite! The place you are living is really beautiful! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete