Friday, August 6

The Quarry and Mill

Theses pictures are a continuation of the next blog. Stone Mountain park is huge. And the day we chose was stinking hot.


WE went down to this old bridge so Sophie could chill in the water. It was really cool. The bridge was moved from another area and is an original (probably spruced a bit). During Civil War times people would climb up in the rafters to hide or wait for someone to prey on.

They have an old quarry area representing all the granite they cut out of this mountain.

We couldn't decide if they inscribed 66,000 lb.s just for the moment Steve would sit on it or if they meant the rock before he added a few pounds :).

I just imagine the amount of effort it would take to move this rock and then I start wondering why I would try to do that and then I figured that I personally probably wouldn't so then I stopped thinking about it and the world moved on.


Here's the mill. Which reminds me of one they have in that old Legacy movie that the church used to show. It's been years since I saw that.

No comments:

Post a Comment