Monday, December 20

The Final Week

So first of all I needed to post a picture of our winning new look! We are now the Ugly Sweater Couple! Stoked? What's that? You can't wait for our catalog to arrive so you can copy our fabulous flair? We firgured. Expect them anytime next yesteryear!

So here we are in the final week before christmas. And I ask myself have I done any shopping, have I made the house merry. Do I really feel the christmas spirit. And you know what there's a different answer for every question because sometimes life isn't like a story book. Anywho now that I'm finished babbling I'll get right to the point. I haven't done the christmas shopping yet but its not too hard this year since its just me and Steve. I decorated forever ago and yet I still find myself trying to think of another way to make the house even merrier which resulted in me adding christmas lights and making more decorations and coming within an inch of undecorating the tree and redoing it all, but luckily I resisted that urge. I'm actually excited about christmas and do feel the spirit of giving come over me even though I don't have the means to give material goods freely. I feel like I've been given a number of ways to serve others this season and it always makes me so happy doing that! 

For a Steve update; He just started Internal Medicine today. We are so excited for this rotation since the first couple were such duds. And you know it would be nice to have him like some areas of medicine seeing how we've invested so much in it. So here's hoping its awesome. Sadly his schedule isn't as awesome as I was hoping. He just found out he has to be on 24 hour call on Christmas day which means  24 hours at the hospital and me home trying to be merry! I'll work on it! At least we get Christmas Eve off. We have already made plans and that would be the worst. 

For Christmas Eve this year we are celebrating with our medical school family. None of us get to leave since we're all in the middle of rotations so we planned a party with games and food and a talent show for the kids! So excited that we have awesome friends who are so fun to hang out with!

Now I'm gonna segue over to the crafting side of life. Last week Steve was in Colorado and that left me with quite a bit of time to fill. My friend Geno had this crazy idea for me to try and I thought it was great so here is the start of it. I am now making felt animals to combine into a baby mobile and I'm going to try my hand at selling them on Etsy and maybe craigslist. I made a few animals that weren't as cute as I was hoping, but then I tried out this whale design I made and I think its so cute so after I make another and some other sea related shapes I'll have my first mobile. Look at the whale! You know you want one and funnily enough you can't remember before this moment having given whales a second thought and now you have to have it. I felt the same way.

 

1 comment:

  1. You guys rock - good luck Steve with the internal medicine and Tamara with the whales.

    ReplyDelete