Friday, June 25

Camp Smith

So Vance and Tricia and they're whole entourage came to Colorado and decided to camp most of their time there. So we all had to join. It was so much fun camping with over 30 people. Its much easier hanging out up at the campsite than squishing people in a house. One night while Vance and Tricia were up there a bear came up and tried to rip open their food box. Made a big whole in the wood lid, luckily the neighbors came and ran the bear off.

We went up and camped the next night and I was so scared that a bear was gonna be out there that when I needed to go relieve myself in the middle of the night I refused to go out without Sophie, but she wouldn't go out with me. So I went alone knowing for sure the bear was the reason she wouldn't come out. Turns out it was because her eyes were swollen shut and she'd had an allergic reaction. She had a bear face. It took a few minutes of shaking her in the morning to wake her up and there some huge bumps on her face all swollen. So we immediately headed back to Philip and Denise's and gave her some Benadryl. The rest of the day she spent getting better. Luckily the allergic reaction didn't close her throat and stop her breathing.

Here is Kimmy, Kelly, and Juli.

We thought this picture was so cute of Denise.

Here's Danielle and McKensie.

Most of the Pontious' clan. Philip, Denise, Audrie, and Hyrum.

I'm so glad Hannah put on a funny face for this picture. Otherwise its just me with some kinda wierd stink eye.

Most of the night involved all the kids trying to make more fire wood our of trees they found. Very hard to chop in half if you don't have a bunch of kids jumping on it.

This is so we remember everyone who joined.
Tamara & Steve
Juli & Kelly, plus 2
Tricia & Vance plus 9
Mary & Paul plus 5
Dave & Ashley plus 5 1/2
Philip & Denise plus 5
Elaine & Vance
Greg & Hillary Burn plus 2

6 comments:

  1. It was fun. We had such a good time. All the pictures are great. Only one thing, it's Tricia and Vance plus 9!!! 10 if you include Juli!!! Only Vance and Christie were missing in action!!! So I'm wondering, do we subtract Juli from Kelly, or keep her where she is? lol, I'll take her back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I could just write "and Family" All I know is that there were a ton from your family and it was such a blast. I can't wait to see you guys again. We are most likely staying in Michigan, but we don't find out until the middle of July. But we still think it would be so fun to go to Wisconsin and be closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun to finally see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny Tamara. I didn't want to feel like I was trying to "correct" your blog post or anything. I just like to count my kids!!! I sure hope you all can come to WI, that would be so great. You and Steve are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have some pics of you and steve. Send me your email and I'll pass them on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should get Steve to check these before I post but I like it all to be correct so I'm glad you corrected it. I'll send you some pictures too. I might just burn them onto a CD and send them that way, we'll see how many there are first :) My e-mail is tamjoynic@yahoo.com. I hope you don't mind, but I sent your blog link to a friend who home schools her kids. She was looking for info and so she might be contacting you. (I figured you're the expert)

    ReplyDelete