Monday, March 9

Chaudiere Pool

This spouses trip had a 20 min walk to get there on a muddy trail. 




I love that there are tributes to Bob Marley all over Dominica.

I have now pulled the entire sole off the right shoe which almost ripped off the front of the shoe. The hike back to the transports was brutal. It was straight up the mountain side instead of the round about way. Lets say I got a little muddy.

She passed out in sleep like 2 seconds later.


It was so cute and funny. Kemiah was left in the backpack while we played at the waterfall. She didn't mind either. She just sat and watched us all. It was actually when she was taken out that she got upset about life. 

The transport drivers just hung out watching us crazy americans try to kill ourselves. (Jumping off cliffs and sliding down water slides of death)

I slid down this slide before anyone told me how crazy it was. Which is great cause I wouldn't have done it otherwise. So you slide down and the current pushes you all the way to the bottom of a 25-30 ft deep pool which takes so so long to swim back up to the top. I seriously thought I would never see the sun again. Glad  I did it but probably never again, cause I kinda like not being terrified.  

This is the cliff everyone else was jumping off. It was actually not as scary as going down the slide. 





This cinnamon tree smelled so good. I wanted to chop it down and take it home. I had no idea that cinnamon came from trees. Who woulda thunk?

Fungus anyone?


That's right Chellie show some skin... uh I mean shorts!





This scrunchy nose is my happy thought today!

So this is how you have a banana farm. They use the blue bags to keep them safe from bugs.


3 comments:

  1. wow, you guys have all the fun. wish we could be there. we will be heading to colorado next week for a visit. that's about the extent of our adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How beautiful and what an adventure! I love that back pack!! I just saw you guys on my mom's blog. I'm so excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I'll be sending your blog link to my family, if that's okay, so they can check it out. Some of my pictures just didn't turn out - because I still don't know how to get great photos like Geno! Maybe I should take her camera... except to don't want to pay to replace it. Anyway, it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete