Thursday, May 14

Capuchen

So Steve was the home teacher of this man Owen. He lives way out in this village that is on the farthest northen part of the island with the best view of the island Guadalupe. Steve wanted to see him one last time so we rented a car and drove up. Let me tell you its a crazy trip. There are tons of hills and turns and combinations. Most of the turns are so crazy that they turn all the way and go the opposite direction. The whole drive I was bracing myself and nervous that we would soar off the road. So we visited and it was great. Owen is one of those people that makes a lot of jokes and his laugh carries. He showed us a little park they had there and we took some pictures. I felt bed because I guess he didn't know we were leaving for good. Its kinda hard on the locals in the branch. They are always there, but the rest of the branch is always coming and going. 


Steve was commanded to climb this tree so he did. It is a series of random branches that go back into the ground in random places. So big. Look at it you'll see that it is the weirdest tree ever seen. 

This is my first viewing of a donkey in Dominica. I'll name him Alfred. He's cute kinda like Donkey on Shrek but less vocal.

No comments:

Post a Comment