Thursday, May 14

Roseau and big hats

We made a trip into Roseau with David and Paul and Natalyn. And you know I think Steve's as crazy a driver as the Dominicans and David might just be too. I think its something about being a boy that makes you fearless when girls are seeing all the potential dangers and being cautious, boys are seeing them as challenges and trying to be the best at meeting them. The goal is always to be better than someone else, whether imaginary or present. 

This is one of the coolest places on the Island. It is also a place thats not good to stop so we took this as the car sped along. Thanks Paul! Its cool because you can see the ocean through the trees and there isn't much brush. just palm trees.
The first view of Roseau the capitol of Dominica. Its an awful busy city that is dirty and busy and has narrow streets and gross smells and people everywhere walking in the streets. And you can almost always tell where you are by where the cruise ship is visible.
We found a cool church there. Its a rare find in Dominica, but I think Steve might have been a bit snobbish about it. Just because you've visited all the amazing cathedrals of Paris and Italy doesn't mean there aren't other cool ones. Just kidding though. It was cool enough for a few minutes but after a second its really just a church built of stone and you can find one of those almost anywhere in the world. 
Here we have the tourist traps. They sell every random thing you can find on almost any island and I wanted this dress but $80 is a bit much so I said no with a capitol K. Its the 2nd one over with the plaid print. There really are cool things for sale though. We got this little leather sandal key chain that says Dominica and a giant sombrero size hat. thats not a sombrero. Its the greatest. I'm convinced it would shade my shoulders its so wide. 
Think you're lost oh wait there's the Cruise ship!
I'm so cool I have a boat as my backdrop.
Here's the best hat in the world except maybe cowboy hats or beret's or cute beanies or Crocodile Dundee's hat... Ok so maybe in the top 10.
We love our Dominican Judicial system. I'm not sure what they do all day but it may have something to do with a do-nut and watching people break laws without cares in the world cause in all actuality I'm not sure they have any laws. I think they only allowed to use the 2nd floor.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you bought the giant hat. I hope you are wearing every day!

    ReplyDelete