Sunday, February 16

Home From the Hospital

Aww isn't he such a sweet cute baby? The first few days home were interesting. Lets say I was a wreck with little to no sleep and so was Steve and Felix. We found out on day two that he was getting hardly any food from nursing which was the reason for his carrot head complexion, his constant crying and his not sleeping at night at all. Steve walked him most of the night the second night throughout the house and learned a route on the wood floors that was squeak free which is quite impressive. 


 We had our babies first Doctors visit and ended up back in the hospital for night because Felix was a little Jaundiced and extremely dehydrated. I got to stay with him and continued to try nursing him but in the end we had to switch over to formula with breastmilk as a supplement. the day we switched to a bottle was the best day ever since at that point Steve could feed him as well and I could get a tiny bit more of sleep. I'm pretty sure I didn't get more than two hours straight for those first 2 weeks. Even when I had a chance I couldn't quite turn my brain off.  

 This is the Bili blanket that he had to sleep on to help the Jaundice. Such a sweet little glow worm.














 His Hair is so curly when its wet. It was fun how much hair he had at the beginning. He lost it pretty fast but a lots grown back now.



No comments:

Post a Comment