Friday, February 14

Our year in Detroit

So we spent a year in Detroit because Steve had a 1 year residency in internal Medicine. He is now a real doctor. We decided to live about 20 minutes north of the hospital in Madison Heights for a couple reasons. The hospital was right on the border of an expensive extremely rich neighborhood and a very Cheap poor dangerous neighborhood. Next in order to survive we needed me to work more than I was able to in Saginaw so we figured jobs would be easier to come by up north. So we found a teeny house in a working class neighborhood and steve had a little commute. I found a job at Jo-Anns which was awesome because I like crafting and it was crappy because I'm on a budget. 

We loved this residency group they were super fun and were always planning fun stuff for us to do like this Tigers game we got to go to.



The residency also threw a getting to know you bbq/volleyball game. Here is the group Steve got to work with for that year. 


 Next Yay exciting times we got pregnant and so I got to experience working when you feel like crap. but it was worth it. But let me tell you working with an extremely annoying manager in normal circumstances is annoying,  but it was much worse pregnant it took a lot of self control not to smack this woman most days. But i managed to survive and actually enjoyed working on most days. I was their money counter so I spent the first couple of hours at work playing with money while no one bothered me. Money seriously seems more kinda like monopoly play money to me now :)








 This is what I saw in the parking lot right before my interview at Jo-Anns. It definitely helped me keep my cool in the interview. Ha shaggy dog!

 We went to an art festival in Ann Arbor and saw a one man band and giant rotating cube. pretty nice!



We went to the pumpkin patch and carved awesome pumpkins with friends!







A group of residents wanted to do go-carts so of course we joined and by we I mean Steve since I was 5 months pregnant at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment