Monday, April 6

Iguanas and Fishing

These guys came up in the pier while we were playing on the beach and I thought it was interesting. They were fishing and all they had was a bucket and fishline and a hook. They also brought their dog which couldn't figure out how to get on the pier so me and some of my friend Jaquelle's kids were trying to coax it up when the youngest starting yelling go dog, go go go! I was so surprised those are the first real words I'd ever heard from her mouth. I love kids. It was fun and the dog finally got to the first section of the pier and just stayed there.
It kind of reminded me of a wolf howling to the moon or when Pocahontus was standing on the cliff singing colors of the wind. Either way it was funny and I had to post it.

This is the clearest I've ever seen Guadalupe. Yet it's still kinda foggy. Oh well.
Yet another reminder of where we are! I still get a little jump start and chuckle when I see these kinds of things. The boy that came with her was still snorkeling in the sea when it started raining but I'm not sure he knew what he was doing. He kept circling around and then he was so close to the shore that he couldn't have seen anything cool. Ahh to each his own!

We caught some glimpses of the Iguanas that hang out at the front gate to Ross. They are kinda cool animals. I still think they're kinda freaky. They must be at least a little mean. I don't really know though. It's just what "Journey to the Center of the Earth" plugged in my mind with the giant iguanas. anyways. Do you think their legs get tired from just hanging on. Mine sure would. Or maybe this is their exercise. If you get closer you can hear a croaky voice rasping, "56 mississippi 57 mississippi..." Boy what a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment