Friday, April 10

Home is where you hang your hat

So Steve and I have decided to get out of Dominica. We are moving to Freeport, Bahamas on April 30. I'm excited for the change. The Bahamas is so much more americanized than Dominica. Its only a few hours ferry ride from Florida. Maybe if we're lucky we'll make a trip and go to Disney World. I'm excited cause there are some really great members of the branch that are going to the Bahamas. I will miss some of the friends here but I think I'll find more to do in the Bahamas, so off we go. I'm excited because I found out they have 2 libraries in Freeport. I need reading material and I need it now :) Anyways The downside is packing and visa applications and finding a new home. But the apartments there are really really nice. We might live in a complex with a pool and tennis courts and a gym. It'll be great. And it'll be only 1.25 miles from campus. So Steve can get there pretty easily. He'll have to media site all his classes but half the students here do that anyway, because its faster. He can watch the lectures in half the time. It will hopefully be a great 2 semesters in Bahamas and then we'll most likely move to Miami for 5th Semester and than the crazy life of rotations. It's funny now that I think back to when I was a kid and always on the go. My dad was in the army and we lived in Europe for a few years. I never thought I would end up moving all over the place again. I thought I was stuck in Utah forever and now I'm kinda a drifter again. At least I'm used to it again. I think the next vacation should be backpacking through Europe. That would a wild adventure. Or Australia or Russia. I guess I kinda got that wandering spirit. Either way I'm glad we get new adventures. One for sure is Brazil in a few years. 

3 comments:

  1. We'll miss you and all the fun we have togther. Good luck and keep in touch. I guess we'll see you around for the next few weeks so let's keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you guys sure get to live in some very nice places. Enjoy your move and keep us all updated on your paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool cool, so what prompted the change? I hope you get to go the Disneyworld!

    ReplyDelete