Sunday, April 19

Secret Beach

This last week a bunch of us decided to visit Secret Beach. I'm going to assume that its called Secret Beach because you can only get there by water. But everyone should know I tend to make up stuff and am not always right so if that is incorrect, deal with it. Jacquelle convinced a guy with a boat to take a her and the kids out and a few others. And 4 of us rented kayaks. It was the most beautiful day for this trip. It was a bit cloudy so we didn't burn as is usual and the water was warm which is surprisingly rare. I led the Kayaks and we all went under the arch in this 1st picture on the way to the beach. it was really cool to see the crabs crawling up the sides. Crabs are so common here. My favorite part that day was that the sun reflected these golden flecks in the water. It was so so beautiful. 
We also did some snorkeling. I tend to get nervous in deep water so like the pansy I am I wore a life jacket while I snorkeled. I know what you're thinking. But it was either that or the little kids arm floaties. I weighed the ridicule possibilities and the life jacket seemed the friendliest candidate. There were thousands of fish down there. If they formed a union I would've been toast. I also saw a ton of sea urchins hanging out on the rocks they are not so friendly and very bad to step on. As soon as I noticed tons of them around me. I decided to snorkel elsewhere. But I have to say I've definitely decided I like snorkeling. "It's really a whole new world" "under the sea!" (Just wanted to keep this kid friendly with some disney quotes)

I love taking pictures of all the scenery but sometimes I forget to be in the pictures. I really feel the need to have proof that I've been to these crazy amazing places, otherwise in a few years I may be dilusional enough to think it really all was a dream and that I've never been to a Caribbean island let alone lived there.
When we got to Secret Beach all the Roy kids wanted to ride in the Kayaks. I really can't blame them. Kayaking is the best. I took the oldest boy with me and he even paddled. It was hard to get him to let me paddle. It wasn't so bad though. After a bit he really paddled pretty good. I let him ride back with me to Coconut beach, but I think I was doing the riding at least half the way. I think its about a 20 min. Kayak trip. Oh I love to Kayak. 
The Wayments came also and The dad was entertaining the kids with hermit crabs. He kept filling his hands with tons of them. Here are some of the cool ones they found.
Talk about "itty bitty living space" as the genie would say. This crab was so teeny.
Ben really really wanted to stay on the water so his mom took him out too.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fantastic trip. These Thursday outtings won't be the same without you. See you at the pool this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete