Sunday, June 28

The Mashed Hash Flipper

How many flips would a mashed up hash cake endure. This our scientific gift to the world the answer is 5. Of course this isn't an experiment you'll want to try without overalls a toothpick between your teeth and 4 rusting cars in the front yard. We improvised only because we are highly advanced earthlings. So this is our millionth try at making hashbrowns. I never thought it would be so hard. In dominica it always turned into a kind of mush that still tasted pretty good, but here we changed the technique a bit and it turned into what looked like a giant fried oatmeal patty. I couldn't even get myself to try it and wierdly enough it was super sticky inside which kinda made a notch or 2 more disgusting. So instead while I prepared some tuna and tomato soup Steve practiced his pancake flipping skills. He is actually pretty good. I was sure he'd drop it but not once did this juggler of floppy things miss. Anyway it was just a random, fun dinner.





5 comments:

  1. Stephen you crack me up. When are you guys going to make it back to the states. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. Thanks for the video! Are you using raw potatoes? I think I read somewhere that it's better to use already baked potatoes. So bake them, then shred them the next day for hash browns. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried raw and baked the raw cook weird and the baked shred weird I just read though that if you rinse the raw ones after shredding then they cook better. Maybe I'll try that next time. but I don't have hopes. Moral of my story is to only experiment in small quantities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tamara, i hope you don't mind i was blogsurfing out of boredom and came across your cute blog, linked to natalynn's blog. i think i may have met you once, or saw you at church in dominica, but stephen and my husband, keith, were friends from the island. We are in fifth semester in miami. we would love to keep in touch with you guys....do you mind if i add you to our blog? let me know...you blog is great by the way!
    -lesley harrop
    happyharrops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Nice.

    That reminds me of another food movie that Steve starred in.

    ReplyDelete