Friday, November 19

Fall Wreath On A Budget

So in case you hadn't noticed I've got the crafty fever. I'm now mildly addicted to all these craft and furniture remodel blogs and I'm so excited to be able to create its so much fun. So I wanted to make our house feel like Autumn was here. I love fall and its the first one I've been able to enjoy for a while. So back before halloween I got this idea to make a fall wreath from real leaves. This craft literally cost nothing, zilch, nada! I went to the park with Sophie and while she chased the squirrels I collected the pretty leaves. Its interesting cause even though all the leaves are pretty much the same I did have standards and would only pick leaves that were dry and not holey. I got home and took some cardboard and stapled together a bunch of strips until they were the size of circle I needed then got out the stapler. Stapled the leaves in groups of three to the cardboard and kept adding til it was as full as I wanted. I think it turned out pretty dang awesome. I added some pretty orange ribbon to the top, though it doesn't pop out enough it still has the effect I wanted and ta-da!!! One beautiful fall wreath paid for only in the hour or two that it took me to put together! I also used some wire and made a garland that looks pretty awesome. 

1 comment: